Please bring the following with you on the day of surgery:
- Paperwork you have been asked to complete in advance of your procedure (if applicable)
- Responsible adult (18 years or older) to transport you home after your procedure
- Valid Government Issued Photo ID, and/or insurance card (if applicable), copayment, and advanced directives (if you have one)
- A list of all medications and supplements you are currently taking. Be sure to write the name, dose, how often and reason for taking, and the name of the doctor if it is a prescribed medication
COVID-19 Patient Criteria
- ALL PATIENTS ARE REQUIRED to provide proof of a Covid-19 Vaccination or a NEGATIVE SARS-CoV-2 Test where the specimen collection occurred within 72 hours before each visit and for which the NEGATIVE test results are available at the time of entry to the facility
- All patients must wear a mask when entering the facility. No family members permitted during the Covid-19 Pandemic
- Pediatric patients may have a parent/caretaker present in Pre-op if they can show proof of vaccination or a negative test result as noted above
BEFORE YOUR SURGERY
Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your operation, including no hard candy or cigarettes.
Also, please follow any other special instructions your surgeon may have given you. Failure to follow these instructions may result in cancellation of your surgery.
Please be sure to tell your surgeon if you are on any type of blood thinners or aspirin. Please do not take any medications after midnight unless instructed by your surgeon or the nurse at our center.
It is extremely important to arrange for a responsible adult to accompany you to the Fashion Island Surgery Center and remain with you the first 24 hours after surgery.
You will NOT be permitted to leave the facility unaccompanied and alone in a taxi. We will be forced to postpone your procedure if you do not have a responsible adult companion.
DAY OF SURGERY
Wear loose, comfortable clothing that is large enough to accommodate a bandage after surgery. Wear comfortable shoes such as slip-ons. You will need to change into a surgical gown once in the pre-op area.
Do not wear any jewelry (including body piercing), makeup or cologne. Do not bring any valuables with you other than a photo ID and all insurance cards.
Wearing contact lenses is NOT advised. We provide containers for removable dentures and bridgework.
AFTER YOUR SURGERY
You will be monitored and cared for by our Post Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) nurses immediately after your procedure. Recovery occurs in the PACU.
Your recovery time will vary accordingly to your procedure and type of anesthesia used. You will be sent home once your doctor determines you are safe to go home.
You will be discharged to your car by wheelchair. Because anesthesia has been administered, you must have a responsible adult present to drive you home and to care for you following surgery.
Your physician will provide post-operative instructions regarding diet, rest, exercise and medications. You will be provided with a written summary of these discharge instructions.
A nurse from Fashion Island Surgery Center will attempt to call you the day after your surgery to check on your progress and discuss any questions you may have. If you have any unexpected problems, please call your doctor. If he/she does not respond, please go to the nearest emergency room.
If you or your family need the services of a foreign language or hearing impaired interpreter, please call to arrange for one at no cost to you prior to the day of surgery.
Females of child-bearing age will need to give a urine sample for pregnancy test pre-operatively.
You will be notified of your financial responsibility for the facility fee prior to your scheduled procedure date. Payment for your services at the surgery center are due the day of your procedure. Cash, check and credit cards are accepted.
You may also be billed for such services as Anesthesia, Pathology, Laboratory, and Surgeon fees as dictated by your procedure.